Friday, October 28, 2011

It is Better To Be Hated For What You Are Not, Than To Be Loved For What You Are Not

"It is better to be hated for what you are not, than to be loved for what you are not."            - Source Unknown
I noticed this quote while surfing the net tonight and it really caught my attention. I have heard before that there are sometimes those quotes that just really sum up your life in one swift line. I had not before had a quote hit that close to me but, this one really smacked me in the face and said, "Hey, wake up!" I began to ask myself so many questions.
  • What happened to the person you once were? 
  • Where has she been for so long? 
  • When is she coming back?"
I scoured the cybersphere (Is that a word? Whatever, I just made it up... I can do that...) for where this quote originally came from and who wrote or said it but I just kept finding site after site where some blogger spewed it out as if they just came up with it without giving the name of who actually said it.  Below is my favorite version of everything I found.

To give whatever credit is due THIS is the link to the site that I copied this version from.


“Be yourself. People may or may not like you, but it’s important that you stay true to who you are.”
best to be hatedStaying true to who you are means going right whenever everyone else goes left, it means leaving a place because you aren’t comfortable while everyone else stays, it means not wearing the same masks that everyone else wears, and showing your face, showing who you really are, while everyone else would rather wear the same masks in order to fit in. Not everyone will like you when you are yourself, but those that do will genuinely like you.
Not only will people like you, but they will like you for who you truly are and everything will come so much more easier. Follow your own intuition, and follow what your heart says at all times, no matter what position you will be put in doing so. It is better to suffer being who you are than it is to suffer trying to be someone that you are not. As soon as you discover who you really are, take advantage of this knowledge of yourself and follow your heart!

WOW! There it is. So simply put. I am just speechless... I am sure I have so much more to say on this, I just can convey in words what it means to me. It is like a... much more poignant... version of myself wrote these words. They embody absolutely everything I believe strait to my core.


Now, I ask myself... 
"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" 
And I have a lot of soul searching to do...  

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails